File Explorer makes the task of managing the files and folders on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ a breeze. This file manager presents an expandable Folder Tree, Breadcrumb style navigation bar and folder contents with three viewing styles – Thumbnail, List and Details views. It recognizes the common file types such as Images, Videos, Music, Documents, Spreadsheets, PDF files, etc and lists them using appropriate icons.File Explorer allows you to explore your entire file system (not just the documents folder). The breadcrumb navigation bar clearly depicts the documents folder as safe and the system folders as unsafe using different colors for these regions of the application.
This file manager allows you to perform the key tasks such as copy, move, rename and delete files and folders with ease.
- View folders in a expandeable tree view.
- View folder contents in Thumbnail, List or Details views.
- Easily navigate a file's path from the Breadcrumb navigation bar.
- Perform basic file operations such as Cut/Copy, Paste, Delete, Rename, Create Folder.
- Move/Copy operations provide warnings before overwritting files.
- View file information for multiple files along with preview of image files.
- Common file types recognized and presented using appropriate icon.
- Directly launch files in default configured applications on the device.
- Works in both landscape and portrait modes.
- Search - Finding a file on your playbook is now easy. Search for files in current folder or the shared documents folder.
- Zip/Unzip - Compress files and folders into portable .zip files and save space on your playbook. Extract zip files back when you need them.
- Press & Hold - Touch and hold on an folder for about a second to open it. If it's a file it launches in its default application.